Full-Time Service Associate
Take It Away, Inc. provides storage and related services that help our customers (“members”) to manage the space in their homes and businesses and to care for their belongings. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, physically fit, customer-focused Service Associate to join our team at our Sterling, VA facility.
As a Take It Away Service Associate you will be responsible for performing “white-glove” item packing, moving, storage and other manual labor-based services for residential and commercial Members during service visits, deliveries, shipment receiving, etc. Additional duties include upselling, item processing (including data entry and digital photography), online item sales, warehousing, driving and maintaining vehicles, and general maintenance of service facilities as directed by the Lead Service Associate.
We want to hire a reliable teammate who works hard, is good at problem-solving, and who prides himself or herself on providing top-notch customer service that makes our members love using Take It Away. This is a full-time position with benefits, and will include evening and weekend work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Make service and sales visits to Take It Away customer locations.
- Safely operate and maintain company vehicles including Commercial Motor Vehicles, box trucks, vans and SUVs.
- Carefully pick up, move and deliver items of all sizes including large, heavy items.
- Update and maintain inventory records, order entries and customer information.
- Assist with member property processing, photography, sales and other item-related activities.
- Assist with warehouse and truck maintenance, cleaning, and restocking.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record (MVR)
- College degree or equivalent experience, including US military
- 1-5 years of experience with moving and storage, delivery, inventory management, or home services requiring significant manual labor.
- Ability to safely lift more than 100 lbs.
- Friendly, courteous personality
- Read, write and speak English fluently; communicate effectively and professionally over the phone and in person
- Follow all safety standards and operating procedures
- Ability to work on a small team and independently when necessary
- Schedule flexibility: ability to work any shifts and days, including weekends
- Experience using MS Word and Excel, Gmail and Google Apps (or other email, word processing, and spreadsheet or data-entry applications)
- Ability to use GPS and mapping tools and devices
- Practical “handyman skills” desirable
- Working knowledge of digital photography and related applications like Photoshop and Lightroom is optional but helpful
At Take It Away, we are committed to building a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment practices that embrace and capitalize on the strengths each individual has to offer. If you think you have what we’re looking for, please forward your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.